Monday, October 1, 2007

Sometimes Things Just Click Into Place

By the first of next month, I may not be living at home anymore.

The Boy and I found a place we like, and it’s going to be available in two to three weeks. We haven’t seen the actual apartment yet because the previous occupant just moved out yesterday, but I’m going to call next Monday and set up a time to go check it out. I’m really excited about it but I don’t want to give away any details in case things work out the way I hope.

This week is crazy for me. On Wednesday I have my three classes until 12, a lab from 1-3, and an observatory lab from 7:30-9:30. Then I work Friday night, a split double on Saturday, and a double on Sunday. I’ll probably bank at least $300 over the weekend. It’ll be exhausting though. I’m nervous about my Saturday morning shift because generally you have to wait tables there for at least four months or so before you’re scheduled for one, and there’s a good reason for that. This past weekend, Avery said that at one point he had 13 tables at one time. To give those of you who haven’t worked in a restuarant before a frame of reference, the average section is six tables at a time. Am I ready for that? No. Not at all. But I’m covering somebody’s shift and there isn’t anyone else who can, so I’m going to try anyway. At least I know I’ll make a lot of money just from the sheer number of tables I’ll have.