Friday, November 23, 2007

Sorry, I've Just Been So Busy...

So I know I haven't updated in a while. I was sick for about two weeks and now the last week I've been busy making up all the stuff I couldn't do before. This last couple of weeks have been crazy so I think it's time for a super bullet list instead of a real entry.

  • Kirby and I got an apartment! We move in on January 7.
  • I cooked a sweet potato dish for Thanksgiving and it actually turned out really well.
  • When I tried to pay my parking citation online, it said it's already been paid. I sure didn't pay it so I'm not sure what happened. The only thing I can figure is that somebody paid mine by accident. Saves me $38 though.
  • I got a $26 tip off one table at work on Wednesday. It was only 4 people and they were very easy to wait on. I was excited.
  • I'm setting aside $10 after every shift to put towards getting Mom's diamond reset. I still need to take it to the jeweler and get an idea of how much I'll need to save.
  • The high today is only 50°. I'm freezing, but I love it - especially since it was in the high 70s a few days ago.
  • Only three weeks left of my first semester in college. One week of normal classes, dead week, and then finals. I only have one final every day of final week. Monday it's history, Tuesday sociology (which should be a breeze considering I didn't go to a single class between my last two tests and still made an 84 on the last one), Wednesday I'll have journalism, Thursday it'll be health psychology, and Friday it's going to be astronomy.
  • I went to the Dallas World Aquarium for the first time ever on the 11th. It was amazing. I don't have much to say about it beyond that but I wanted to at least record it, for posterity's sake.
Okay I think I'm going to go play Sims for a little while before work. I'll try to update in a more timely manner from now on.